As dental practices prepare for Phase 2 of B.C’s reopening plan, we want to assure you that while many things have changed over the past few months, one thing that has not is our uncompromising commitment to patient safety.
We have always prided ourselves on maintaining the highest levels of infection control in our practice, allowing us to serve you in a comfortable and safe environment. There are many steps that go into ensuring your safety, and we have added a section to our website so that you can read more about them.
We strictly adhere to guidelines of infection control made by the Canadian Dental Association (CDA), College of Dental Surgeons of British Columbia (CDSBC), the BC Centre for Disease Control (BCCDC) and Occupational Health and Safety departments provincially and federally. Although new guidelines have been issued as a result of COVID-19, dental practices have already had protocols in place for protecting patients against respiratory viruses for many years.
When it comes time for your next appointment, you will notice a number of new changes we have implemented. We would like to share these with you now so that you can be best prepared.
What we are doing:
· You will be asked to fill in an online screening questionnaire about COVID-19 before your appointment. At your appointment, the questions will be reviewed again to ensure there are no changes.
· We will ask you to use hand sanitizer when you enter and leave the office. There will be hand sanitizer and handwashing stations throughout the office for your use.
· We will take your forehead temperature when you arrive for your appointment. Any patient who exhibits a temperature above 38oC will have their appointment rescheduled.
· We have removed all items from our waiting room (magazines, children’s toys, beverage fridge) as those items are challenging to disinfect.
· We will manage appointment times to maximize social distancing between patients and to allow for additional deep cleanings of treatment areas. We appreciate your patience and understanding as you may be offered fewer options for your appointment, and that certain times will be reserved for our most vulnerable patients.
· Each team member will be wearing personal protective equipment (PPE). This PPE will be changed out with each patient appointment.
What you can do:
· Use the hand sanitizer station at the front door prior to check-in.
· Please leave family members at home to limit the number of people in the practice. If someone must accompany you to your appointment, please have them wait for you in your vehicle whenever possible.
· If you have a fever or feel sick, please let us know. We will reschedule your appointment for two weeks later.
· We encourage you to take advantage of our virtual waiting room. When you arrive, call us from your car. We will let you know when we are ready for you and you can avoid the reception area and go straight back to a clean and sterilized treatment room.
· Tell your friends and family about your visit. We will provide the same healthy environment for them to have any necessary treatment completed.
We are thrilled to be able to see you all again, and are happy to answer any questions that you may have. We will continue to reach out and update you on a regular basis through various forms of contact. You can click the social media icons below to connect with us online. As well, you can always request an appointment through our website or phone us at 604-532-1080.
We look forward to seeing all your smiling faces again soon!
Langley Perio & Implants