The Chao Pinhole® Surgical Technique also known as Pinhole Gum RejuvenationTM, was invented and patented by John Chao, D.D.S.
It is a scalpel-free, suture-free, graft-free, minimally invasive procedure for correcting gum recession and saving teeth. Through a small hole made by a needle, specially designed instruments are used to gently loosen the gum tissue and glide it over the receded part of the tooth. Since there is no cutting or stitching patients can expect minimal post-operative symptoms (pain, swelling and bleeding). Patients are pleasantly surprised by the instant cosmetic improvement. Most patients are able to resume light normal activities within 24-48 hours after treatment (excluding working out and strenous activities).
What are the benefits of Chao Pinhole® Surgical Technique?
• Less discomfort for the patient after treatment
• Faster recovery for the patient than traditional grafting
• No need for uncomfortable sutures
• No need for scalpels or invasive surgical tools
• No need to take donor tissue from the patient’s palate
• Excellent, natural-looking, long-lasting results